Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lake McConaughy is lovely in winter

The Ranger asked me to go along on a field visit west of here.  We spent the day on county roads.  I helped to navigate from one pasture to the next.  It is a good thing that most of the county roads are now marked with signs, but we really did have good maps to work with.  The best part of the day was a stop by Lake McConaughy on the way home.  We go there in the summer for camping and a bit of beach, but I haven't been there in the dead of winter.  We stopped by the eagle viewing station and saw eagles, however it is only open on the weekends, so we weren't able to use the spotting scopes.

This week in Beyond Layers, we were challenged to make a collage that shows a part of our day.  I used some of the photos from the trip to the lake to create my first storyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment