Sunday, January 15, 2012

another lovely day

Today was another grand day of weather.  I am constantly waiting for the paybacks that will have to be made for all the enjoyable days so far this winter. Don't get me wrong, I will take it - each and every lovely day just brings me that much closer to spring.
However, the Ranger decided today would be a good day for ME to get on the bike and ride around the lake.  Other people were going, it would be FUN!  I like riding my bike, but I have not ridden for months and so it was agreed that I would drive to the lake, ride around it with the group and then drive home.  Not a 25 mile ride, but about 8.5 miles.  Far more doable for a woman who has not been on a bike since last summer.
So I met up with the group and we head off down the highway.  I forgot that even in my noncompetitive mindset, I still 'want to keep up'.  Instead of just riding my own pace, I try to ride with the rest of them.  Bad idea!  I managed the first third just fine, but then my legs did not want to go that hard anymore.  I tried to concentrate on the gorgeous day, the fact that I was out getting exercise, and that the Ranger was more than willing to ride with me.  But the truth of the matter is that I was a bit sad with myself that I couldn't keep up.  Might have to think about a bit of time at the gym before summer gets here.


I love my bike, fits good, looks fine, just right for me.


Up close - details for my Photo of the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment