Saturday, January 14, 2012

snowy owl shot, worth the wait

I discovered that part of my trouble with my snowy owl photos from yesterday was 'user error' with my camera. This is really not an excuse, but occasionally the Ranger borrows my camera for work and we reset the resolution and the pixels.  Let's just say that the last time that happened, those settings did not magically reset themselves before I went out on the snowy owl hunt!  But I solved that problem and ventured out earlier this morning.  I found the owl about 7 miles east of town.  Not sitting as high as yesterday and I was able to park so that I could get the sun more to my back.


Huge improvement!  I am happy, the Ranger is happy that I am not driving around the county looking for owls, and maybe the owl will be happy to have one less stalker.  
No one told me, when the Ranger and I married almost 40 years ago, that I would catch his penchant for looking for birds. I am not as patient and my identification skills need much work.  But it is fun and something we can do just about anywhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment