Sunday, January 22, 2012

whew, that week is over!

I know why I am now retired.  I subbed for three days last week and it made me tired. (For the record, as a comparison to a previous post, I do want to say that the students I taught later in the week were wonderful, their teacher has it together and it made for a wonderful two days.  I just don't spend the majority of my days in that structured an atmosphere.) It also made me behind in laundry, cleaning, cooking and all things connected to my life as a retired person.  I didn't read as much, I didn't keep up with taking photos, and obviously I didn't post here as much.  I do have control over how many days I choose to work and I can tell you that it hopefully will not be three days in the same week again.

As the week flew by Baby G turned three months old.  Where did that time go? How did he move beyond that sweet tiny little bundle to an adorable active baby? It happened in the blink of an eye!


Photo courtesy of Baby G's mama

Our weather is gloomy today.  We are in line to get a wintry mix and a lot of wind. I am tired of wind.  We have managed to have a fairly mild winter, but we are having lots of wind.  I am glad I can cuddle on the couch with a book or the computer and let the wind blow.  All of our out of doors looks like this now.


Winter Zinnias
(kk_paper4 & kk_reversettvframe)

 I am ready for spring.  I guess it shows in this photo I posted on Flickr in the Beyond Layers group.

  
An iris from Patty's flower garden.
(kk_awakening)  
All textures courtesy Kim Klassen

No comments:

Post a Comment