Wednesday, January 25, 2012

the office is clean and organized

I told the Ranger that I would would clean and reorganize his office for his birthday present.  Not a particularly romantic present, but one that was certainly needed. We had moved modem cables a month ago and it was time to do the rest.  That meant going through boxes of 'stuff' from his retirement and mine.  'Stuff' that belonged to the daughters.  'Stuff' that needed to filed, thrown away or shredded. It was a semi-daunting task and I had put it off for way too long.  But is it done. The desk moved to the opposite wall, a work space he needs for appraisal work and lots of papers and maps is no longer in the middle of the room.
So that has been my focus for the past 2 days. I didn't even take a picture.  Not one.  But the good news is - the new city recycle bin has had a workout.  It was so wonderful to just take stuff to the alley and not have to haul it to one of the recycling areas in town.  (And I now know when I can take the computer monitor to recycle since I can't just put it in the alley bin, I called the very helpful recycle people).  The Ranger was gone all day doing field work and it was so nice to have the office renovation/cleaning done when he returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment